Tempering Valve Solar 20/25mm
ApplicationHigh and low pressure hot water systems.
Features & Benefits
Features and Benefits
- Able to withstand 110°c (constant), ideal for solar and wetback installations
- Extremely high flow rates make it suitable for both high and low pressure systems - 20 L/min at 2 metre head.
- Forged, high quality, corrosion resistant DR brass body.
- Machined, assembled and 100% tested in NZ.
- Dual non-returns - ideal for unique pressures.
- Failsafe shutdown - In the event of failure of hot or cold supplies.
- Length: TV20S 130mm Length: TV25S 135mm
- Factory set to give 55°C outlet. Can be adjusted from 35°C to 60°C.
- Maximum inlet temperature 110°C
- Stored water temperature must be at least 10°C above the Tempering valve setting and above 60°C (G12).
- Inlet water pressures:TV20S 20 kPa (2m head) to 1000 kPa, TV20S 25 kPa (2m head) to 1600 kPa
- Flow Rates:TV20S 20L/min at 20 kPa inlet pressure.TV20S 25L/min at 25 kPa inlet pressure.
- Max. pressure imbalance between the hot and cold supplies 5:1
|TV20S||20mm Solar Tempering Valve|
|TV25S||25mm Solar Tempering Valve|
Installation & Servicing
- Valve must be fitted by a qualified plumber.
- Installation must comply with local authority requirements
- Valve must be installed in any orientation
- Flush pipes prior to fitting
- Valve must be protected by line strainer
- Connections are H (hot inlet), C (cold inlet) and OUT (mixed temperature outlet)
- Do not apply heat near the valve during installation - this may damage the mechanism.
- Do NOT install valve directly onto outlet of cylinder
- 1 m MIN copper pipe length from cylinder to tempering valve, THIS IS MANDATORY REQUIREMENT OF G12.
Remove cap. Use screwdriver to adjust to desired temperature. To increase, turn anti-clockwise (H). To decrease, turn clockwise (C). Replace Cap. Maximum delivered hot water temperature at any sanitary fixture used for personal hygiene shall not exceed 55°C.For childhood centres, schools, old peoples homes, hospitals and institutions for people with phychiatric disabilities, outlet must be set to max 45°C.
- Complies with NZ building Code G12 (2001)
- Complies with NZS 4617:1989
- NZ Patent No. 517764, Aust. Patent No. 2003200856 RSA. Patent No. 2003/1992