Tempering Valve 15/20mm
ApplicationHigh and low pressure hot water systems.
Features & Benefits
Features and Benefits
- Extremely high flow rates (20 L/min at only 2 metre head) makes the valve (TV20) suitable for both high and low pressure installations.
- Valve can be installed in any orientation
- Failsafe shutdown - In the event of failure of hot or cold supplies.
- Tamperproof cap - less call outs for readjustment by plumber (TV20TP)
- Forged, high quality, corrosion resistant DR brass body.
- Machined, assembled and 100% tested in NZ.
- Advanced temperature control - ideal for direct connection to a sanitary fixture e.g. hand basin (TV15P)
|TV15, TV15P||Inlet:||15mm male, 1/2′ BSP|
|Outlet:||15mm male, 1/2′ BSP|
|TV20||Inlet:||20mm male, 3/4′ BSP|
|Outlet:||20mm male, 3/4′ BSP|
|TV12||Inlet Cold:||12mm John Guest filtting|
|Inlet hot:||15mm 1/2′ BSP|
|Outlet:||12mm John Guest Fitting|
- Factory set to give 55°C outlet. Can be adjusted from 35°C to 60°C.
- Maximum inlet temperature 99°C
- Stored water temperature must be at least 10°C above the Tempering valve setting and over 60°C (G12)
- Inlet Pressures:TV15,TV15P 30 to 1000 kPa (3m head)TV20,TV20D,TV20TP 20 to 1000 kPa (2m head)
- Flow Rates:TV15 20 L/min at 30 kPa inlet pressureTV15P 9 L/min at 30 kPa inlet pressreTV20,TV20D,TV20TP 20 L/min at 20 kPa inlet pressure
- Operating Pressure:Balanced hot and cold pressure. For unequal water pressure of up to 5:1 (Cold:Hot), non-return must be fitted to hot inlet.
|TV15||15mm (Non-return on both inlets)|
|TV15P||15mm Point of use Tempering Valve|
|TV20D||20mm Ring Main installation (Non-return both inlets)|
|TV20TP||20mm Tamper Proof|
|TV12||15mm BSP Host|
|12mm John Guest speed Fit cold and Mix|
Installation & Servicing
- Refer Technical Section for installation guide
- Valve must be fitted by a qualified plumber
- Installation must comply with local authority requirements
- Valve may be installed in any orientation
- Flush pipes prior to fitting
- Valve must be protected by line strainer
- Non-return vales are required at hot and cold inlets in Ring Main Installations
- Connections are H (hot inlet), C (cold inlet) and OUT (mixed temperature outlet)
- Do not apply heat near the valve during installation - this may damage the mechanism.
- Do NOT install valve directly onto outlet of cylinder
- 1 m MIN copper pipe length from cylinder to tempering valve, THIS IS MANDATORY REQUIREMENT OF G12.
- Complies with NZ building Code G12 (2001)
- Complies with NZS 4617:1989
- NZ Patent No. 517764, Aust. Patent No. 2003200856 RSA. Patent No. 2003/1992