Cold Water Expansion Valve
ApplicationLow, medium and high (mains) pressure hot water systems.
Features & Benefits
Features and Benefits
- Energy saving valve - relieves cold water rather than hot, saving electricity
- Flushing lever/handle to clear foreign matter from valve seat - can also be used as cylinder drain.
- Silicone rubber washers and non-corrosive valve seat materials mean long life - no heat loop required.
- Failsafe against cylinder over pressure
- Special factory settings between 75 and 750 kPa available on request
- Forged, high quality, corrosion resistant DR brass body
- Machined, assembled and 100% tested in N.Z.
||20mm, 3/4" BSP (male)|
||15mm, 1/2" BSP (male)|
||EVT Low Pressure: 62mmEVT High Pressure: 70mm|
- Pressure settings 75 & 120 kPa (low pressure) 500 & 700 kPa (high pressure)
- Maximum temperature: 99˚C.
- Kilowatt rating: 20 kW
|EVT 7.6||75 kPa (Use with FV7.6)|
|EVT 12.2||120 kPa (use with FV12.2)|
|EVT 500||500 kPa (Use with 350 kPa Limiting Valve)|
|EVT 700||700 kPa (Use with 500 kPa Limiting Valve)|
Installation & Servicing
- Refer to Technical Area for installation guide.
- If 1.0 meter minimum head can't be achieved between EVT and RV then use EVT under-bench model
- Do NOT apply heat near valve during installation.
- May be installed in any orientation provided drain falls continuously to outlet.
- Pressure limiting valve or pressure reducing valve must be fitted.
Under normal conditions, a 180 litre hot water cylinder when heated from cold to 65°C will expel 3.6 litres (12.6 meters of 20mm copper pipe) of water due to thermal expansion. The amount of expansion will vary depending on the volume of hot water used and cylinder capacity.
- Non-return (mains pressure only): To prevent cross-connection of hot water to cold water supply.
- Cap: Should second take off not be required.
- Complies with NZ Building Code G12 (2001)
- Complies with NZS 4607:1989
- Manufactured to NZS 4608:1992