BigBoy / BigAL
- Pump fed large storage tanks and/or reservoirs - It allows for a single level or variable minimum and maximum water levels.
- Mains/Gravity fed large storage tanks and/or reservoirs - It allows for a single level or variable minimum and maximum water levels.
- Rain Harvesting - as a back up water supply control valve, in the event of demand exceeding rainfall.
Features & Benefits
Features and Benefits
- Full on, full off
- Enormous flow rate 1500 L/min at 1200 kPa
- Extremely high volume water inlet control device.
- Soft closing, no water hammer
- Long tail, no tank fittings (thin walled tanks)
- Adjustable water levels saves electricity & increases pump life
- Can be adjusted for use as a top up Rain Harvesting valve (by clipping weights together)
- Diaphragm activated - Full Flow Valve.
- No float switches, no power required (pump requires pressure switch)
- Less parts = Less problems
- Patented self cleaning mechanism to minimise blockages.
BrochureClick the image to download the BigBoy brochure as a PDF*
*Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed.
The BigBoy® will be closed when both weights are submerged (maximum water level). The valve will remain closed until the bottom weight is exposed (minimum water level). The valve will then open and remain open until the maximum water level is reached.
Working Pressure: 15 kPa - 1200 kPa (2 psi - 175 psi)
Flow Rates: Very high, 1500 L/min at 1200 kPa. Fills a 30,000 litre tank in 30 min (600 kPa inlet pressure)!
Temperature Range: 1 - 60°C Tank valves must be insulated to protect the valve where the temperature can get below 1°C (minimum service temperature).
- NZ PAT 598546, NZ PAT 328862, NZ PAT No. 535912
- AUS PAT 736446, RSA PAT 98/87777, AUS CLASS 11, No. 1025211
|BB32||Long Tail 32mm (1 1/4" BSP) inlet.|
|BB40||Long Tail 40mm (1 1/2" BSP) inlet.|
|BB50||Long Tail 50mm (2" BSP) inlet.|
Installation & Servicing
- New Zealand Patent 598546
- New Zealand Patent 328862
- New Zealand Patent 535912
- Australian Patent 736446
- RSA Patent 98/87777
- Australian Class ll Patent 1025211